- 138 Productions on five different continents!
- Passed 1300 lifetime productions!
- “Scripted” and “Superhero” each had their 100th production.
- Produced all over the US, as well as Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, India, Mexico, The Philippines and South Korea, with a reading in The Netherllands and a classroom production in Italy!
- There were full evenings of my plays produced at Theatre Down South (The Philippines) and Teatro Augusta (Brazil), as well as Bradley Hilliard High School (Ohio) and Archbishop Hoban High School (Ohio).
- “A Birthday Party” won “Best Monologue” at the Equity Library Theater (New York, NY)
- My collection of one minute plays won 1st Prize at the Y.E.S. Festival (Williston, ND)
- “The Prodigal Cow” won “Best Play” at the Minnesota Shorts Festival (Mankato, MN).
- 30 minute plays: “The Sound And The Furious” and “Making It Up As We Go Along” commissioned and produced by Cape Henry Collegiate School, Virginia Beach, VA.
- 10 minute plays: “Get Dressed” (Changing Scene Theatre Northwest, Tacoma, WA), “Tag” (Asphalt Jungle Shorts, Kitchener, CANADA) and “Oh, Tannenbaum” (The Phoenix Theatre, Indianapolis, IN).
- One minute plays: “The Condition” and “Video Or Burlap” (Gone in 60 Seconds, Leeds, ENGLAND), “Now We Wait” (Gone in 60 Seconds US), and “Pretty Paranoid”, “Stats” and “Thy Father’s Spirit” (Zip Zap Pow, Bangalore, INDIA).
- Monologues: “How To Make A Martini” (OG Productions, Columbus, OH)
And with those, I have now had 100 different plays and monologues produced!
- “Shades” in “Plays For Three”, Vintage / Random House
- “Filthy Rich”, “Nicole” and “A Little Fresh Air” in “Men’s Monologues That Are Actually Funny”, Applause
- “The Big Picture” in “25 10-Minute Plays for Kids”, Applause
Holiday Plays now playing!
“Oh, Tannenbaum” continues at The Phoenix Theatre in Indianapolis.
“Les Miserabelves” and “The Light” plays at Onstage Atlanta
“A Very Special Hanukkah Special” runs at Lionheart Theatre (Norcross, GA).
“Oy Vey Maria” is at Theatre d’Art, Colorado Springs
“Les Miserabelves” and “You Better Watch Out” opens at AlphaNYC in New York.
“Oh, Tannenbaum” shows at Encompass Productions in London, England!
“Oh, Tannenbaum” opens at The Phoenix Theatre
My latest holiday play “Oh, Tannenbaum” opens this month at The Phoenix Theatre in Indianapolis! It’s part of “A Very Phoenix Xmas 10: O Come Let Us Adore Us”. Directed by Bryan Fonseca and starring Eric Olson and Scot Greenwell.
“Roteirizados: Nossa Vida Por Escrito” opens in Sao Paulo, Brazil!
“Roteirizados: Nossa Vida Por Escrito” (“Scripted: We Write Our Lives”) is an evening of five plays, “Scripted”, “Misfortune”, “The Rental”, “LA 8 AM” and “Surprise”. It’s performed by six wonderful actors, in Portuguese!
Actress Nearly Gets Arrested During World Premiere of “Tag”
“Tag” was appearing in Asphalt Jungle Shorts, a wonderful site-specific festival produced by Flush Ink Productions. Plays are produced out on the streets and in parks and other fun locations, and they love it when you can’t immediately tell if it’s theater or real life. As one audience member tells it:
From my viewpoint, I knew this was going to be fun, as the cops were sitting in traffic right across from where the scene was to unfold. Sure enough, just as Liz is completely losing it, they get out and come into the scene. So, it looked like there was one senior cop and a rookie. The senior cop realized right away that this was street theatre, but he let the rookie figure it out for himself, while he stood back with a big grin on his face. Liz never missed a beat, she turned, looked at the rookie, gave a glare for invading her playing space and pulling focus and kept on going. It was great.
This was a fun first for me, but kinda glad we didn’t have to bail an actress out of jail!
It’s The Summer Of One-Minute Plays!
Tons of one-minute play productions this summer! May and June had The World Premieres of “The Condition”, “Video Or Burlap” and “Now We Wait at Gone In 60 Seconds (Leeds, England and Brooklyn, NY).
In early July, a collection of five of my one-minute plays took First Prize at the Youth Education On Stage (Y.E.S.) Festival in North Dakota.
And also in July, the Zip Zap Pow Festival in Bangalore, India, produced a whopping 20 of my one-minute plays as a whole section of their festival!
Finally, in August, the scrappy West Grandview Fringe Festival in Columbus, OH finished things off with three more of my one-minute plays.
That’s 31 productions in four months!
The cast of the Mark Harvey Levine One-Minute Plays in Bangalore, India
World Premiere Play Commissions!
The Month of May saw the premieres of “The Sound And The Furious” and “Making It Up As We Go Along”, performed by the Middle School and High School Students of Cape Henry Collegiate School, who commissioned them.
Can’t find the right plays for your students?
Contact me about commissioning plays tailor-made for your theater class.